Tuesday, September 18, 2007

0901802007

September 18, 2007 ; Tuesday

Today is a one tiring day.Why?Cos I finish processing the non-returnable gatepass for our vendor's items that are used during the server problem.I need to go to the other plant to let the shipping personnel sign n it.It is probably almost a kilometer or more of walk.Then after I finish the process I am just waiting for the person to pick it up.He's earlier than the expected time of arrival.But here's the problem the items inside the boxes are not the items that has the serial number that the box indicated,the items are for defective return.DAMN!I walk long then that's it.After some conversation with some security officers I needed to re-process the gatepass this time the serial no of the defective returns should be written there.So I walk again,going here,there here again.hay...And finally,the pull out went successful.This might be the reason why I kept thinking of the pull out last night,seriously it was true.It always comes into my mind.

The pull out happens in the afternoon,in morning one of our tester using Solaris 4.1 had encountered boot up problem.According to report they experience hang up that's why they reboot the system and that's when they experience the problem.It can not go on with its initialization
So I Stop A the system and boot it again (ok boot) and there i saw the problem.I boot from their disk (ok boot disk1) and it is asking for a manual fsck so i did (fsck -y) I thought The file system is corrupted or the HDD already failed because it shows the following sequence,repeatedly

Error for command "read"
Error level : retryable
Block 1968 Absolute Block: 1983
Sense key: Media Error
Vendor 'SEAGATE' error code: 0x16


According to my groupmate the HDD failed.But when I go back to the machine it is now asking for a login>I ask a maintenance guy to log it and it was successful and according to him that is now okey.But the system shows a sign that the HDD might be failed in a later time

No comments: