Tuesday, September 4, 2007

0900402007

September 04, 2007 ; Tuesday

First issue is a request to install Anti virus software in one of our Windows based tester.WHATTT!?what happen to the anti virus we installed?Upon requesting for the network configuration for a new tester, we will also include our team's configuration which includes the installation of anti virus software.So how come this PE is requesting for it?What Happen to the anti virus we installed?Anyways,what I did is have a screen capture of it proving that it already has a anti virus software,I scan the system and even include it in the screen capture.He wanted us to install Anti Virus because according to him the tester is infected by worms and trojan viruses.What's the result of the scan?No virus!I also send him the screen capture of this one.I found out,based on the back files in the anti virus that there was a previous "invasion" of virus in the system and the source is a thumb drive.

Remeber the new tester I configured last night,they said that it still have some error.My group mate told me to run the following command route add {ip add} {ip add2} and it did work.But after a while they said that they still encounter errors.My group mate take charge on ti.

Minor request also came in,changing of permission of their files in the server as simple as chmod 770 [filename] (but be sure that you are in the right path/directory)


Last request was One of the PE can not log in in a HP-UNIX tester using his customer's account,what I did?Edit the passwd file (/etc/passwd) using vi editor and include the customer's login information.Copied from other tester (same platform) using the same customer.


No comments: