Wednesday, August 29, 2007

0802902007

August 29, 2007 ; Wednesday

One of my group mate has already an issue in the line while she was still on her way to the office.She ask me to check the Network connection of one of our LINUX based Tester.I can not reach the tester through the ping command "request timed out" I also checked the LED display for the LAN Card and it was ok,the LED is blinking.The reason for this problem is that the she is ping-ing the wrong IP address and she change the tester's IP in the hosts table(I think so.hehehee.'Coz I wasn't there the whole time she is debugging the system.)

Next is we had a meeting with our customer's representatives.This is about the misleading of the line problem a few weeks ago.This customer is previously handled by another team.And when my boss got hired he get it from the previous team.That maybe the reason why the production people didn't inform us.I have an A.I. from this meeting,this is to check the inventory of their things in our server room.I had a preliminary report on that,'coz I can not verify other hardwares because I can not get in in the back of our racks.

A minor request also got in today.Just a temporary root password all testers running in the same platform,HP8400.

I also had a line issue regarding a error on a Windows based PC.the error is
STOP: C0000221 unkown hard erro
/systemroot/system32/ntdll.dll
According to the research I had,I need to repair the Windows XP installation and that's what I did.

There is also this FSE or Field Service Engineer who came at 4pm,then we will be out at 5pm.He is late.hehehe.The only thing he needs from me is to have the restored Image (from him) connected to our Network.

Last problem is about an MS Excel error.We need to have to office installer to be able to add the feature that the error needs.Unfortunately,we had a hard time looking for the CD because we moved our things to our storage room and I'm not sure where does our cadet put those CDs.


No comments: