Wednesday, July 25, 2007

0702502007

July 25,2007; Wednesday

Today I handled Printer problem in one of our "resident" customer.Printer is constantly printing unwanted printouts,summaries of the tested lots tested a few days back.I consulted one of our former groupmate's documentation regarding the printers and it works.I turn off the printer and remove the power plug,this is to reset the memory of the printer.I log ged in to the server as root and din some cleaning of the queues and after 5mins I turn on the printer again.And it was successful.

Next is we move some of our things to our storage room,drawer,tape back ups and some boxes.I also helped our cadet to arrange the tape to the drawer.We even rearrange the drawers and some other things in our storage room.

It was almost 3pm when I receive a call about a tester problem,disk space is full,it is the same tester I handled last Monday.My opinion about this is that the partition of /root might be too small for their data,because based on my observation there are some summaries saved in this partition that might caused the system's/partition's disk full.When I check the tester,an operator came to me and told me that a lot of tester's can not print.I asked her how many and what testers,and it was almost 10 testers that can not print.But when they tried it,it was ok,printing!But some are not so we need to troubleshoot it,good thing one of my senior groupmate is also in the line.She helped me out it.We changed the default printer of some testers and the last tester I handled has a different case.The file that their script is looking is gone,what my senior did was link the directory where we found the file.But still can not print I just browse the lpc of the tester.and I enable the printer,because error we encountered says unknown printer.And it was fixed.

No comments: