Wednesday, July 18, 2007

0701802007

Hello there,my first post at this blog.hehehe.Anyways,This blog will be all about my work...work work work!!!

July 18,2008;Wednesday

One Windows based tester had a mapping problem,they can't map the customer's home directory in our Network File Server(NFS).I've check the network connection and it is okay.I went to the PC and check what the error is and it says that "Share name not found".The root cause the the problem is that their home directory is missing in our NFS,what our team did is to restore the missing directory.


Another Windows based tester can not map their home directory in our NFS.This time their directory is not missing.I've checked the tester's PC 's connection to our server even to my office PC and there seems to be a problem with it's network connection.But what confused me is that I can "ping" the PC using its hostname.I've checked the LAN connection set up of the PC and it seems to be okay.We are using Dynamic IP Address here and it is set to obtain IP address automatically.I've check the system's event viewer and I found out that the problem is that there is a conflict IP address.I release and renew IP address but no change in IP address.I coordinated it with our network engineers and he saw the PC using the same IP address.He use the following command nbtstat -a [ip address] He suggested to reboot the PC and did.Release and renew again,an error prompt saying that "DHCP Server not available" So I've check the settings again and found out that the PC is using the wrong Default Gateway so I input the right IP of the Default gateway we are using.And for the last time I release and renew IP address again.It was successful .I mapped drive to their directory and it was successful too.

We also have request that a customer need a 20Gb disk space in a tester's PC so we repartition the HDD using partition magic,we did it through remoting. This utility need a reboot for the changes to take effect when we are monitoring the the tester's network connection we were triggered when the connection is still request timed out.So what I did is go to the line check the PC,it hanged up.So I restart the PC and the repartitioning is successful. Also the said customer needs to have Visual Studio SP6 So we did it by remote.

We also had a short meeting before lunch at our Storage room to fill out the downtime report that to be submitted to our director.I also inquire/ check the rack that will be given to us.With the help of my cadet batch mate.Last in my list is the DELL PV T128 problem,I follow the instruction given to us,Use the browser and put the IP address,But Page can not be displayed.

So that's all for this day.But hey,tomorrow is another of work.hehehe.ciao

No comments: